Our Grant Programs
GENERAL PURPOSE GRANT MAKING
Spirit Mountain Community Fund (SMCF) provides the majority of its funding through our General Purpose funding programs. Organizations can apply for the Small Grants funding program OR the Large Grants funding program.
- Your organization has an annual operating budget less than $250,000.
- The request limit is $5,000.
- The request may not exceed 50% of the total project.
- Generally for newer or smaller organizations.
- Applications are accepted more frequently .
- Small organization may apply for large grants-see large grant calendar for deadlines.
- Your organization has an annual operating budget greater than $250,000.
- Request limits are $50,000 for programmatic proposals; $100,000 for capital projects.
- The request may not exceed 50% of the total project budget.
- Large organizations are not eligible to apply in the small grant category.
THE OREGON TRIBAL GRANT
The Oregon Tribal Grant was created to support the nine federally recognized Tribes in Oregon. We fund one project per Tribe per year. Grants may not be over $100,000.
Learn more about how to apply >>
THE HATFIELD FELLOWSHIP
Each year a Native American is selected to be the Hatfield Fellow and serve as a member of the staff to one of Oregon's representatives in Congress in Washington, DC. This internship lasts for nine months.